Physical Therapy Clinic in Boca Raton, Florida
Our Physical Therapy Clinic in Boca Raton, Florida Offers Comprehensive Treatments, Such As Orthopedic Rehabilitation, Pain Management, Acupuncture, and Massage to Help You Increase Movement, Minimize Pain, and Feel Better. Call (561) 609-1098 or Request an Appointment Online.
Have you been looking for a quality physical therapy clinic in Boca Raton, FL? You’ve just found one with us at Physioactive Physical Therapy & Wellness Center. We offer comprehensive care to help you increase your mobility and eventually get back into your daily routine. That kind of care is at the heart of physical therapy and what we’re all about here at Physioactive.
What is physical therapy, exactly?
This particular type of therapy is about rehabilitating and strengthening the body to help a patient regain their physical abilities. The physiotherapist will provide equipment and exercises to achieve results. Physical therapy is beneficial for so many patients, like adults suffering from arthritis. In this example, physical therapy can help to strengthen the muscles around the affected joint, which can help these muscles compensate for the weakness of the joint. The therapy can also treat the affected joint, directly.
Why is physical therapy necessary?
Physical therapy helps patients suffering from a short-term or long-term disability. A short-term disability might be an injury as a result of an accident. A long-term disability could be multiple sclerosis. Physical therapy can treat pain and help you regain much of your mobility with the affected area or areas.
Physical therapy takes time, but depending on the condition, patients can experience results quickly! The most important thing to keep in mind is that patience and diligence are your best friends. Be patient with yourself and the physiotherapist and be diligent about practicing the exercises. This will help you become better, quicker!
What exercises are used in physical therapy?
Think of the exercises like a prescription. You would take a prescription every day to get better, wouldn’t you? So, you should also do the exercises every day.
The physiotherapist could include a series of exercises in your therapy. Some of the most common ones include:
- Pain relief – One of the first priorities of a physiotherapist is to help manage and treat your pain. This part of the therapy will help you achieve the other parts.
- Strength training – A big part of the therapy is strengthening weakened muscles or other muscles that can help you compensate for the weakened ones. This therapy can include the use of machines, resistance bands, or your own body weight to perform certain exercises.
- Low-impact aerobics – This type of aerobics is wonderful for your joints because it strengthens them without the risk of damaging them further.
- Stretching – Gentle, gradual stretching can help increase your mobility. The physiotherapist will monitor your stretching to ensure you don’t injure yourself.
- Massage – A massage for the affected area can be very beneficial for patients.
What physical therapy techniques do you practice at your clinic?
We provide science-based treatments that have been shown to work well. Depending on your condition, we might suggest any of the following treatments, or others:
- Manual therapy
- Massage therapy
- Postural reeducation
- Lymphatic drainage
- Therapeutic exercise
- Myofascial release
- Orthopedic rehabilitation
- Biofeedback therapy
Where is your physical therapy clinic in Boca Raton, Florida?
If you need physiotherapy and want true professionals to treat you, then come to Physioactive Physical Therapy & Wellness Center. We are located at 7700 Congress Ave #2102, Boca Raton, FL 33487, and we’re open Monday to Friday, from 8 am to 5 pm. Please get in touch with us at (561) 609-1098, and we would be happy to book you in for an appointment with one of our friendly physiotherapists. We look forward to meeting you and helping you get back into your routine!